Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year, New Broadband, New Handphone

Everything is new today. I stayed at home to overlook the installation of our new broadband suscription, Starhub's Maxonline 3000. It came with a cable modem cum wireless router. So now there's a 128bit encrypted wireless lan going on in my house and my father's and my laptop are connected. I am posting with my laptop now to get used to typing longer stuff.. That's for the afternoon...

After dinner at IMM (I met my good old friend, Rayner), my mother went to buy a new handphone, but she hadn't completed her 2 year plan so she couldn't use the upgrading thing. Anyway I checked mine out and found out that I was eligible for upgrading. So I bought the Nokia 6670 at $438 (ouch!) after discount for line upgrading and trade-in of my old and very battered phone ($100!). The guy took a look at my phone and was like "See here? The light flashes, so it's spoilt". I knew that long ago and I expected it's price to be something like $80. But I asked him "So how much can I trade in for?" and he said "$100". I agreed immediately (I checked out on Singtel's website that for a 6610 in good condition, the trade in price is $100). So anyway I bought this phone and it's full of features, like 1 megapixel camera (not really attractive) etc. Anyway that's for the evening.

And at midnight it's new year!! So 3 new things today :) Four if I count in my wireless network. Anyway the junior instructor course leaders (Bert, Biqi, Alan and I) were supposed to meet some student leader from another school to discuss about helping the tsunami disaster victims... I feel that they are super suay leh.. New year liao then this kinda of thing happen.. Anyway I am off to try to set-up the file sharing and printer sharing in my house now..

No comments: