Thursday, January 27, 2005

Safra Regional Shoot and The DBI

DBI stands for "Day Before It". Yes, the day before today = yesterday. Yesterday I went to SAFRA from school after the slack lessons to some non-slack training. The whole range was freaking full and since Jianghao and Kelvin got there before us (Boxian and me), they got the 2 allocated lanes for HCI (Hwa Chong Institution). Boxian used a lane close to his competition bay, risking having to move out anytime while I just trained at the coach's bays. I had to endure the extreme heat of the room and worse the noise from the freaking noisy sec twos, namely DANIEL <-- If you are reading this I just want you to know you are going to pump like hell one day.

Anyway I trained pretty well and since I already made an agreement with Jianghao to let me use his lane after a while, I just beared with the FREAKING NOISE. Finally, at about 4.30, sweating and irritated, I moved out. I continued to train at lane no-idea-what-number-it-is for a while until they came to test the finals machines thing. So I packed everything ready to go home. Then I saw Qiao-ge at the coach's bays area asking me to train inside. So I just went and re-filled my gas cylinder, went inside and released about 5 air shots and started to train, AGAIN. Anyway hard work pays off a little.

So it reached today, SAFRA Regional Shoot. First time using my P700 in a competition and all. So I just went there, stressed to the core, sandwiched between a XMSS shooter and a TSS shooter. The TSS shooter shot damn fast and ended with a score of 480+ or 380+ (Can't remember la. And I didn't know the scores at that time by the way). So anyway I just continued shooting slowly. Then there was this fateful shot. I aimed, I pulled the trigger to the first pressure, I concentrated on the relationship and aiming picture, then I pulled to second pressure (or so I thought), then I shifted the rifle, then BAM! SHIT! 8!! Anyway that was my only 8. Damn sad. So I finished before the XMSS guy behind me. Estimated about 570+.

Packed all my stuff knowing I can definitely not get into the finals. Went to eat wif LJH and OBX. Came back and saw the scores, 576! Not really good considering my target was 580+. But I was satisfied with the 12 position, losing only to the pros. Best of all I beat Kelvin and Ronald!! Haha.. Exact same score with Junyang but I had a higher seconds last series (last series was the same) so I won him!! No tripod and all.. Haha...

Wah not bad right? 576. But I am still going to train and finally achieve my goal! To be continued..

No comments: