Friday, December 30, 2005

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Yay watched WGTCOTWR (Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit) today. It overlapped my plans to train so too bad! Yay so Stine and Xin asked me yesterday night after my training whether I wanted to watch WGTCOTWR with them at 2.45 today. But I had training! So changed to 12.40 show at CineLeisure.

So we were supposed to meet up at 12 but Ivan, Keef, Xin were all late. So poor Mozzie had to endure a few minutes alone with Stine. Hahaha. Anyway that doesn't mean it's unpleasant to be with Stine alone. Maybe just a bit intimida... OH NO DON'T WHACK ME!!!

So we (excluding Keef, haven't arrived yet) went to buy some tickets buy Ceyong appeared there for no reason so I challenged him to Daytona USA again. I completed with him something like 1/2 a lap behind me or more. Also, Xin and Stine came and disturb me for the 8 dollars for the tickets DURING the game. That made me touch the grass during the easiest turn. Reminds me of Boxian pouring some drink into my pellet box.

So we got the tickets and I called Keef even though I knew he was already on the way up (means he was already in CineLeisure). Then in the middle of the conversation we saw him run past the level we were at to go straight to the top. I hung up. And we followed. Keef called again.
Keef: "Where are you?"

I: "We're already inside the theatre." <-- We were on our way up behind him actually.

Keef: "WTH! Where's my ticket??"

I: "We hid it under the rubbish bin. Go look for it." <-- Obviously hoping he would really do that. Just for laughs.

At this moment he was already looking down at us (at the escalator). NO FUN! I was really hoping he would be looking under the bin when we arrived upstairs. That'll be DAMN FUNNY!!!

Ok so now for the review. The show was very funny. A bit random and spastic but cool. The plot is rather unpredictable and sometimes little things in the movie just make it funnier. For example, Gromit and another dog were fighting in toy planes (dogfighting) and when one of the planes crashed, there was an extremely big explosion, contrary to the expectation of just a crash. The movie also had a strong hold on the audience's attention with a suitable level of suspense and action. The story is not worth mentioning.

What's amazing is the animation style. It's stop-motion animated, yet they have a rather high frame rate and even blinking and other small actions were taken care of rather well. Nothing much to say since it's nearing 1A.M. already. So overall: Hilarious! 8/10. <-- Better than Narnia.

P.S. This post was delayed by a nice telephone conversation that lasted approximately 1hour 22minutes.

No comments: