Sunday, February 20, 2005

Nails.

Slept till 3. Planned to train today but obviously it was too late. So training on Sunday instead. Unless I oversleep again. I woke up so late I acually did nothing much.

I used the computer a bit, then we went out for dinner with my grandmother as usual. Ate dinner at Bali Thai in IMM, then went to buy my mother's new handphone, which was rather cheap. Sony Ericsson phone, so I didn't really support the buy. But anyway we tried the camera and all, and the quality obviously loses to my phone, the Nokia 6670, which incidentally has a 1 megapixel camera.

My father and I went to pick up my sister at Hwa Chong Institution, college side, before returning to IMM. My sister and I went to pick my mother and grandmother up, and I went to buy the better version of Kung Fu Hustle DVD. Luckily it had Cantonese, which sounded much better and more natural. That's out of point. So we loaded the groceries and stuff into the car boot, when a good passer-by came out and said, "Your tyre is flattened," while pointing at the left rear tyre. I was like, "What the?", but when I looked down, the damn thing really was flattened.

I showed it to my father, and we were like "Shit!". Therefore, we unloaded all the things from the boot, placed them in the car, sent my grandmother into the building with my sister to take a sit, and tried to recall how to change a tyre. I never saw someone changing a tyre before, and neither has my mother. My mother has the theory while my father had both the theory and experience, 20 years ago. So we took out the tools, my father made me take the spare tyre out, and we looked all the place for the damn jack. Finally, I found it hiding inside a compartment, which was covered by a unscrewable cap. The whole damn thing was camouflaged. So I opened the thing, to find the jack, mounted onto some kind of bracket. We tried to take it out, finally giving up and calling the car selling agent. He told us were aupposed to turn the black knob and so we did. Magically, the damn thing came lose and I took it out.

Next, we, or rather, I, was supposed to jack the car up. But, HOW THE HELL DO I DO THAT? So my father told me, "See the gap here?" while pointing at the gap on the jack, and continued by saying "there's a groove at around that area, this goes there." So I kneeled down, and mounted the jack on the grooves. Then I turned the damn knob using an assortment of tools to jack it up. Before jacking it completely, we, or rather, I, had a hard time unscrewing the bolts. I then jacked the whole car up, took the tyre out, and put the new one in. I lowered the car, tightened the bolts, replaced the cap, kept the tools and jack, and threw the screwed up tyre in boot, and went to wash my entirely black hands.

We realised that there was a small little nail with a diameter not wider than 0.25cm stuck in the tyre. Damn that nail!

Went home to watch Kung Fu Hustle, cut my nails, as in those growing on my fingers, blogged!

No comments: